Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hip to Relax


This past weekend I was borrowing my sister’s Mac while she used my Sony laptop to take the bar exam. (Thank God it’s over!)

On Sunday morning, I woke up too early and it was too hot to lie in bed. I walked down to my favorite Starbucks that’s conveniently located 5 minutes from my apartment. I got my coffee (the one that is ruining my bank account) and I sat and watched Mad Men and scoured the internet.*

I felt so HIP. It’s probably the most cliché thing in the world, but hey – I’m a sucker for a cliché.

Not only did I feel “hip” – but I also felt extremely relaxed. I didn’t feel guilty because I was up, washed, dressed and out in the world with people (I have trouble relaxing and staying in because I feel like a bum). Some nice Billie Holiday was playing in there, Mad Men was great, coffee was good, the air conditioning was awesome.

I’m so relaxed when I’m being hip. I’ve found my key to relaxation! It was a good hour pre-rehearsal when things would get crazy again.




* I gave up internet on the weekends. I spend over 40 hours a week at work on the internet, so I try to cut back my time on the weekends. There’s no point really. I do check Twitter and Facebook on my phone (doesn’t count) – but otherwise, I live and socialize and relax! (Also, I don’t have internet in my apartment.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails