Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Cute.


Yesterday morning, my friend Mike gchatted me and reminded me of our old Live Journals we kept during our first year of college. I was immediately embarrassed, because I was just the worst. I mean, I'm not even kidding. I was the worst. But luckily, we both were terrible.

 I mean it... just terrible.

But, while going through it, I found a random one I wrote after finishing my first level of improv classes. Here's what it said:
I thought I loved improv before, but I did not know. I did not know anything about improv.. except that it was funny and I'd love to be able to do it. Now.. I love improv even more then I ever thought I would. Before, I wanted to make a career out of it.. just because it could possibly lead me to SNL.. and it'd be fun. Now, I absolutely love it. When I'm at improv.. I'm happy. Whether I'm fucking up.. or doing AWESOME.. I just feel so in my place. I don't think about outside shit. I just think about what's going on that moment. I used to think that it was what I wanted to do with my life for no apparent reason then it was funny and looked fun. Now I want to make a career out of it because I am GENUINELY happy doing it. Whether I just work at the Asylum.. or in some other improv troupe.. and not ever make it to SNL (which yes, I obviously still want) but as long as I'm doing something like this for the rest of my life, I'll be happy.
 Oh... cute. How cute. The best part was... this was seven years ago. And somehow, I'm doing that. Working at the Asylum and with another group. I know I worked really hard, but it seemingly feels like no work at all. Probably because I enjoyed my time along the way. So, I might be the laziest person I know, career-wise. But at least I accomplish my little dreams while doing it!

I can't wait until he gchats me in another seven years and says, "I just found our blogs" and I read this entry and say, "Oh god! We were the worst!" Except his blog at least has a focus on hockey, while mine has a focus on me.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What's your friend's blog? If it's about hockey I should show it to Steve!

Patty Barrett said...

It's http://thehockeywriters.com/author/mmiccoli/!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails