Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bill Murray.


First of all, thank you for all your nice thoughts sent my way.  I still miss my dog.  A whole lot. 

Second of all, Bill Murray is the best.

While making the switch to focus on my career full-time, I've faced a lot of... challenges. But I can't control them. The only thing I can control is how I act. I aim to be a good person as much as I can. To support everyone, to keep my negativity to myself while working, to compliment rather than tease. I'm not always perfect. I'm sure there are some people out there who hate my guts and think I'm "the cool kid at the cool table" {Words that have been said about me by a friend of mine.}

Bill Murray said some nice things in Esquire that reiterated everything that I feel. He talked about being directed by Del Close and how great he was. And he talked about doing a movie with Bruce Willis once. It's a nice reminder... to just be nice.

I met him at this Andy Garcia movie I did, The Lost City. Willis is there and he'd had a couple drinks. We've all had a few drinks. And he says, "I just want you to know …" I'm like, "Oh, fuck." He says, "I used to work as a page at NBC, and my job was to refill the M&M bowls and the peanut bowls in the actors' dressing room. And only you and Gilda ever treated me like a human being. You were nice to me." And I thought, Whew, that's good. I felt like, Shit, I did somethin' right, you know?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails