Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Weird List of Things I Want To Do


 The other night, I couldn't sleep.  I was so tired but couldn't fall asleep, and it wasn't because I had too much on my mind... it was because I was afraid!  I haven't felt that in a long time.  My brain went into overdrive, I kept thinking faces would appear at my window and I kept hearing loud knocking and the cat kept running around, which made me think there were mice everywhere.  Guys, I have a very creative and insane mind. Instead of sleeping, I stayed up and made a list of things I want to do.  Because... it calms me. 

1. Write two books.  One novel and one book of essays.  Maybe more after that, but as a start, I'd like to write two separate books. 

2. Publish a series of funny illustrated children's books.  I actually think about this all the time, and frequently bother my friend Roberto about illustrating a specific one that has to do with a gay dinosaur. 

3. Actually spend a lot more time with photography and editing pictures. 

4. Collect all sorts of retro cameras.  Because, I need to fill my space up with more useless shit!

5. Adopt a dog when I have the space for one.  

6. Purge my closet of things I will never wear again and narrow down my "style."  I always want to invest in more expensive pieces that will last longer and feel better to wear than constantly buying cheap polyester dresses from Target/H&M. 

7. Start dancing again.  For fun, to perform, whatever.

8. Stop texting so much.  I feel like I have got into a lot of arguments over the past few months and it's all because of texting.  Things are worded incorrectly, mis-interpreted and I'm just tired of it.  I want to have more face-to-face conversations than texting conversations.  I want to have old-school relationships like we had where we didn't have to talk to each other every hour of every day.  We had time to miss each other! 

9. Open a bar. 

10. Go somewhere without planning it. 

1 comment:

JBrew said...

I take dance classes at the Studio: DCFA in Brookline. It requires public transportation (although I guess we could drive...) and we could bond. You can also share class punch cards. Just sayin' :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails