Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Holly Hobbies.


 Now that I'm an adult (or whatever it is that I am), I'm realizing how much it sucks.  Everything is about working!  And drinking is the only real hobby adults have.  

Before I even started school, I had a hobby.  I started dancing school when I was 3 years old and continued doing that until I was 15.  And I also used to do ceramics all the time.  I'd spend Saturday mornings and some Tuesday and Friday evenings painting ceramics with my friend at a creepy place in Everett.  Then when I was 19, I started doing improv.  I pretty much always had something to do, some fun side-thing... and then I made my hobby my full-time job.  And now, what do I do? 

Aside from drinking, there are some hobbies that I have:

1. Collecting boxes of cereal that I never end up eating. 
2. Buying hair styling products that I don't need and don't work.
3. Waking up and walking around in a fog trying to remember where I put my glasses before I went to sleep. 
4. Watching TV shows on Netflix that I've already watched 100 times. 
5. Testing the limits of my bones to see what will and will not cause them to sprain, twist or break. 

Those aren't good enough hobbies in my book.  But what am I going to do?  Go out and enroll in my old dancing school and put on a purple spandex costume and do a coreographed danced to "The Purple People Eater" with some fifth graders?  Oh, what's that?  They have dancing school for adults, too?  Oh.  Cool.  

I'm just bored.  When your hobby becomes your job, it's fun... but it's no longer a way to relax.   Maybe I'll grow a mini tomato garden on my fire escape.  Or take up painting miniature portraits of my friends.  Or take a Mediterranean cooking class.  Or basket weaving! Or... 

You know... maybe I'll stick to drinking.  There's probably some wines that I've never tried!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesale.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] The extreme dependence to the printers and plotters position out that their malfunctioning generates a barrier inside the straightforward workflow of any business. Organization business people make certain which the upkeep answers are availed constantly to ensure that the tools don't end up influencing business enterprise output in the extremely adverse way. The Hp Printer repairs solutions, proposed by web based mostly companies can help to make sure which the correcting jobs are finished over time as well as in a fashion, that assures reliable procedure with the gadgets in the long haul.

[b][url=http://www.lovelouisvuittonbags.co.uk/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] Similar to several expertise, instruction can make perfect close to ping pong. Just take every chance to engage in as well as without a ball apply your grips on your paddle. In the event you are minus one individual to participate in with nonetheless, you've a table, place the other half from the table approximately permit you to exercise your shots up from the board..

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com/]www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com[/url][/b] For a director at Surpass Internet hosting, Kayla has working experience in all parts of world wide web hosting from conducting current market analysis to securing server environments. Kayla has labored with Online businesses for 10 years and it has been linked to the net internet hosting marketplace since 2002. Below Kayla's path, Surpass has attained report expansion each year..

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] Notion Well known Celeb Dresses # five. Look the fundamental pack Special day Dresses alongside with warehouses suppliers. But when Night Dresses 2012 your style is easy and stylish additionally dimension evening dresses you most likely have the ability to Marriage ceremony Social gathering Attire obtain the perfect bridesmaid's gowns at Spring 2012 Wedding Attire amongst many substantial popular box 2012 A-line Marriage ceremony Attire shops.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesale.com/]www.louisvuittonpursesale.com[/url][/b] I heard a tale a while back again that reminded me with the secret of genetics. A person was watching his four-year-old son do what children do: demonstrate off. Since the father viewed, something appeared strangely acquainted regarding the dance the minimal boy was undertaking. This stage is different, based on the way you want your type. Make sure it compliments the form of the face. Brush another time well before you head off to school.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails