Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

New Rule!


 I, like most people in the world, am glued to my cell phone.  I check it constantly.  It doesn’t matter what I’m doing, or how busy I am, I am always going to check my phone.  If it’s on the charger, I’m always looking at it with the corner of my eye.  Any notification will satisfy me.  Except random Facebook invites.  I won’t go!  I just won’t! 

However, it’s getting to be a little too much.  I check Instagram several times an hour.  Constantly hitting refresh to see what’s new and who liked my last picture.  I’m checking my texts, emails, Twitter... I’m overloaded with information and communication.  And, I’m done.

I’m instating a new rule in my life that I will shut my phone off for at least an hour a day, maybe two.  It has been an hour so far and within the first ten minutes, I was pressing the home button to see if any messages were there, forgetting it was off for a reason.  It’s second nature to me.  I don’t need to talk to someone... but I’m waiting for my next fix, like a god damn crack addict.

I want to feel a little less connected.  I want to focus on one thing without a hundred distractions.  And the best part is... when I turn my phone on, everyone will be there.  I’ll get texts that came through! I’ll see who liked my Instagram pictures!  But I waited for it.  And I probably got something done.  And, I’ll feel a little bit less like a crazy person.

Hopefully.  Maybe.  I don’t know.  It's hard to not feel like a crazy person!  But, in the mean time, take a look at the above picture... taken with my phone... posted on Instagram... and go like it.  So I'll have something to look forward to when I power my phone back on.  Just kidding.  Sorta.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails