Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

The Incredible Edible Egg (I Wouldn't Know)


Here’s a tidbit about me…

I’ve never eaten an egg.

I’ve never had a scrambled egg, egg whites, omelets, sunny side up… nothing. An egg has never been in my mouth unless it was in a baked good. And really, I don’t know why.

I know they have great health benefits. I know they’re an American staple, and an easy breakfast. And some people’s favorite snack food! My sister eats egg whites nearly every day. But I’ve never been interested.

This infuriates Evan, who thinks that the suspense would kill him… not knowing what an egg tastes like, but not even having the thought to try it.

I just don’t. I’m not a breakfast person. I don’t ever eat breakfast and if I do it’s like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or dry cereal and fruit. I should also mention right now that one of my goals in life is to open up a breakfast restaurant called “Pattycakes”. So, there’s that.

So, yeah, maybe I’ll try an egg, maybe I won’t. But really, I probably won’t at this point just to infuriate Evan even more!

3 comments:

richietown said...

eat some scrabbled eggs now. don't be an idiot.

becky said...

the character julie in julie & julia had never eaten an egg before starting her cooking challenge.

becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails