Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cool Bag

I remember the first purse that I bought with my own money given to me by my mom.  It was a stuffed animal dog backpack.  I bought it at F.A.O. Schwarz when it was still in Boston.  I loved that thing.  I have no clue what I carried in there, since I was a child, but I'm sure it was real important at the time. 

Then I got to middle school and the "it purse" was the Ralph Lauren Polo bags.  Do you remember those?  It must have been 1998 and they were all the rage.  I got a grey one that was smaller and a little less expensive.  But, it meant so much to me that I was cool and had something everyone else had.  That purse carried my discman and accompanying CD's.  And probably the pager that I had absolutely no reason for having.  I was neither a doctor nor a drug dealer. 

Purses were always so cool.  As I grew older, spending a lot of money on a purse seemed totally reasonable.  Everyone else was doing it!  Seemingly everyone I went to high school with, including all of my friends, was carrying some version of a Coach purse.  And I wanted in!  I bought my first Coach purse for myself when I was in college.  It was expensive and green and I loved it.  I still do.  Over the years, I acquired a few more - mainly as birthday or Christmas gifts.  I've pretty much been using the same one since 2009.  And now, spending over $100 on a purse seems silly.  (Although, I have been using this bag since 2009, so it's definitely sturdy and high-quality.) 

Nowadays, my bag purchases (which are few and far between) revolve around my needs.  I needed a laptop bag because I was in production a lot and needed to carry my laptop.  I had a nice new camera and didn't want to break it, so I bought a nicer camera bag - which also doubles as a normal looking purse, so it was justifiable.  I'm just at a point in my life where spending $350 on material things seems crazy.  I could go on a trip with that!

That being said, I'm in the market for a new easy, breezy kind of bag. (Is that a thing?)  I'm tired of carrying around so much... stuff.  My shoulder, and back, are also tired of it.  Here are a couple of cute tote bags I found from Alphabet Bags, and they're all basically $20.  Plus they're fun and everyone will know how cool I am.  The only purpose of a bag.

YES.

and. Yes, and.






B. For my last name!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails