Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

One Happy Idiot.


Yesterday, I was hanging out with a good friend of mine and he called me, of all people, tenacious and persistent.  Those are traits I never thought could be matched with myself.  I hate following up or putting people out or being annoying.  But I am a constant, hopeful dreamer... and when I really want something, then I really want something and I will not give up. 

I really wanted to do improv.  But, just simply doing it wasn't enough for me.  I could go through the training center and be done with it.  But I wanted more and more.  And eventually, I got it to the "end goal" of being on the mainstage.  I mean, I worked for a lot of years.  And I had a great time along the way.  So it never felt like I was working too hard or busting my ass.  But, looking back, I kinda did.

Truthfully, I might be too hopeful.  I always think things will work out well.  And even when they don't, I never, ever feel bad about, or regret,  thinking positively.  I refuse to think "this is it, it'll never be better" and move on.  There's no fun in that.  I like to dream, and believe, that everything will be and can get better, as long as I don't give up on it.  I spend a lot of time envisioning what I want and then actively trying to get there. 

Maybe I'm a total idiot.  But, some of the greatest days of my life have happened because I was an idiot who didn't stop holding on to impossible thoughts and hopes.  I don't give up.  I won't give up.  And I'm happy being a dummy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails