Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Wednesday.


I woke up abruptly from a strange dream.  It was about 10:30am.  I felt a little foggy because I had taken a sleeping pill the night before.  I was exhausted, but I had restless legs and I figured I might as well nip that problem and take a pill.  Why am I telling you that?  I don't know.

I stayed in bed until the fog cleared.  I rose at 11am... the cat was mad.  "Stay in bed with me! Your body is warm!"  She didn't exclaim. She can't talk, she's a cat. 

I checked the weather and threw on clothes to work out in.  I left the house only to realize that it was slightly raining.  I checked the weather through a website that said it wasn't raining, but didn't think to maybe check outside to see what the real deal was.  What a dummy, I was.

I decided to continue on.  My glasses were soon covered with water.  I put them in my pocket.  I thought, "This is sort of nice, but a little unbearable because I am getting soaked."  I continued on.  I decided to run a majority of it (despite my terrible knees and ankles) because then it would go by quicker.  I was a blurry, wet mess.

I stopped in for a coffee on my way home.  I asked for a grande, she gave me a venti.  I was excited... until she charged me for the venti.  She was not being nice, she just doesn't know how to use her ears.  Stupid girl. 

I returned home to shower and check my email and listen to the Thriller album on my record player.  Michael Jackson was a fun guy.  What ever happened to him?  I mean, before he died.  Why did he go so crazy?  He was so talented. 

I decided to run some errands.  I just got my Zipcar card in the mail and I couldn't wait to try it out.  So, I booked a car and went to Target to return something and grocery shop.  Then I went to Davis Square to sell some clothes that I was getting rid of.  They didn't buy everything and I was slightly offended.  What was wrong with that grey polka dot skirt that I never wore?  Or that mustard cardigan that was admittedly hideous?  Whatever.  The Salvation Army won't turn their noses at them!  Then again, they also won't pay me for them.  Damn you, Buffalo Exchange. 

I drove in a lot of traffic listening to music at a very high volume.  I sang "I Believe I Can Fly" with a lot of heart and at the top of my lungs.  That will not help me for the shows that I am in this weekend where I will have to sing.  Oh well.  It was worth it for R. Kelly. 

I microwaved some soup and ate it.  It was good.  Thai Coconut Tomato.  I liked it.  I'm not a soup fan, but this was good.  Though, I still don't think I'm a fan of the general concept of soup. 

I painted my nails with new nail polish.  How is it that I'm 26 years old and still can't manage to paint my nails perfectly?  I'll never know.

I wrote a sketch.  I didn't like the sketch.  I have to put things down and pick them back up to regain interest.  I shall try to re-write that sketch at a later time.

I taught a class with Ryan as my teaching assistant.  Level 1... always so funny and awkward.  I feel like I have to be 100% on every single time.  I feel the need to make self-deprecating jokes so everyone can laugh at me and then have something in common: pity for their teacher.   Thankfully, Ryan was there.  I like having teaching assistants.  And Ryan and I both love to talk ad nauseum about comedy.

I got a drink with Ryan and my class and eventually Mary. I wanted a Shipyard Pumpkinhead... but I got two vodka sodas. Because, I obviously had a really rough day.  (Also, one of them was free. I only drank a second because it was free.  The very drunk owner of the bar gave it to me.  After taking two sips and kissing me.)

And that, my friends, concludes... A Wednesday by Patty Barrett. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails