Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October !!!


When Halloween stopped being about the fun stuff it was about when we were kids, I just stopped caring.  I don't dress up, I don't like scary movies, I don't like all that weird Halloween stuff.  You know what I mean?  Like candy apples? Meh.  Apple picking?  Lost its appeal when I was a kid.  (Pun obnoxiously intended.)

But, the past few years have been great.  I think planning my former company's Halloween parties had a little bit to do with it (excuse me while I go cry because I'm not there this year.) But, I've got into the spirit by watching Halloweenish movies that don't terrify me (Nightmare Before Christmas, tame Alfred Hitchcock movies).  I tried a Pumpkin Spice latte (not a fan).  I bought a whole new fall wardrobe (wait, that's not good.)   And right now, I'm eating soup! ME! Soup!

So, fall is awesome.  October is great!  I think October thru December might be my favorite time of year.  That and April thru July, those are good months, too.  Hey, January thru March, you really need to step up your game. 

Here are some things I plan on doing in October that are undoubtedly going to make it awesome: 

Listening to the Thriller album.  Non-stop. 

Drinking tons and tons of Shipyard Pumpkinhead.  Mmm.

Watching "Cheers."  No, that has nothing to do with October.  But it's something I will be doing in October.  It's really good.  You should watch it.

Watching suspenseful films.  I will not do scary ones.  Just mild suspense. 

Next Thursday, my two BEST FRIENDS from CALIFORNIA, Matt and Casey, are visiting BOSTON for a wedding but they're going to be PERFORMING WITH AC and I'M GOING TO BE THERE and I can't wait to HAVE FUN WITH MY FRIENDS!  

Later this month, the last weekend of October, we are putting on a Halloween show at IA.  It's going to be fun!  Last year, it was one of the most fun shows I had ever done.  It's still up there as one of the best.  So, I'm excited.  It'll be good.

I'm so excited!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails